Contact

niamay (at) mindless (dot) com

Saturday, August 6, 2011

upholstery




I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades (master of only a few) but upholstery is something new. we have the raddest dining suite, direct from the fifties, curtesy of some far-flung relatives of my husband, and it has been looking, well, loved. or worn out. or completely f**ked (as my darling husband politely put it).




So, armed with some sage advice from my dad ("my dad could do it. so can you"), from the upholstery guy ("get ready-made piping, you'll need it"), from the sewing-machine guy ("buy this! you'll need 250kms of thread to do that job"), I got to. and man, its pretty freakin' fun. also, you get new chairs at the end! hooray! I've done 1.5 chairs so far, but holy smokes, are they an improvement on the old ones....

No comments:

Post a Comment